Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fabulous Day Card


Hi,
I have been on vacation all week and thought I'd make more cards, that didn't happen, but I did get a small vegetable garden planted!  This is something I've been wanting to do again for a few years, and I am absolutely thrilled to have accomplished this little dream!  Now onto my card.  I used the reverse masking technique as shown in the Make It Monday video @ Papertrey Ink.  After cutting my card, it was embossed using  a Cuttlebug folder.  First I stamped in Versamark and embossed in white the vase (with a post it note at the top  portion of the vase to facilitate flower placement later) from PTI's Asian Fusion.  Then I created a reverse mask by stamping another vase on scrap paper and cutting it out, using the"frame " of the vase for my mask.  This I placed over the vase on the card and stamped in Versamark the largest flower from the PTI In Bloom set, and heat embossed it with white EP.  With the mask still in place, I sponged navy ink over the flower. Next the smallest flower from In Bloom was stamped atop the vase, and then the sentiment was added.  I must say I am really enjoying these challenges, and I love the feeling of nurturing creativity.  
Cheers,
Val



Materials:
Paper: PTI C/S Vanilla Cream
Stamps: PTI Asian Fusion, In Bloom, Signature Greetings
Ink: Versamark, SU Not Quite Navy
Other: Cuttlebug EF Grace's Frame, Stampendous White EP

2 comments: