Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Friend to Me

Hi,
I made this for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge. I used part of the In Bloom leaves for the flower stem and lengthened it (by selectively stamping only a part of the stem) to make it "fit"  the flower better.  Also the sentiment is created from 2 stamps: "You are a blessing to me" is stamped in 2 parts and the word "friend" is taken from the In Bloom Sentiment  which reads "there is nothing better than a true friend".
I like to have these kinds of cards on hand to give someone a little boost when they are feeling low.  Here in Nova Scotia, we are into Day 19 of rain, and that really affects peoples' moods.  I am very thankful that I like to make cards as it seems such a positive thing to be able to create something if I can't be outside  in the garden.
Cheers,
Val

Materials:
C/S: PTI Stampers Select white, berry sorbet, spring moss
Stamps:  PTI In Bloom & Signature Greetings, Hero Arts Grid Pattern
Ink: Versamark, Memento tuxedo black
Other: Spellbinders Labels 9, MS Punch, Copics, Stampendous white EP, PTI In Bloom Die

3 comments:

  1. Wow,I love your card, this is beautiful, and so kind and thoughtful of you. Congrats on the tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely,I really like the popped up flower very much and the softness of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love how you've popped the flower and given it some dimension!! Great job with PTI's Make It Monday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete